Welcome to 5th grade Language Arts
pgs 268-270 due thurs
||same/will check pages
||preposition test Friday
Preposition test tomorrow
know song/finding prepositional phrases
started Number The Stars
Number The Stars
||Number The Stars chapt 4
||pg 82 TTS
Incentive Board :
BOOK PROJECT DUE 4/25
NOTE: STUDENTS ARE STARTING TO GET MISSED HOMEWORKS...PLEASE HELP THEM SET UP A SYSTEM SO THEY CAN CHECK OFF COMPLETED HOMEWORK.
READING INCENTIVE BOARD ENDS 10/12 . Students need 7 holes
STUDENTS USUALLY HAVE ENG PB PAGES,SPELLING, VOCAB OR READING PACKET UNLESS THEY HAVE A TEST
Welcome to 5th grade LA. What an exciting year I have planned!! Here are a couple of things that you might find helpful:
1. The English practice book is the thin purple book.
2. Spelling homework can be found in the yellow Reading practice book.
3. Reading Incentive Board. All students should be reading a novel. To help students want to read...each LA class has a Reading Incentive Board. As a student reads 50 pages in the novel...the parent signs the slip(which was in the back to school packet or can be found in the room) and the student punches a hole. The goal is to get 6 holes by the date assigned. This date will be in October. So...lets get reading!!!
4. My website...I will do my best to update my website with each night's homework assignment...however...there are times when I just do not get to it. It is your child's responsibility to copy the homework off the board. If you see your child is not doing that, please contact me.
5. Behavior Board....every teacher has some sort of incentive to keep her class running smoothly. I have a sticker chart. The students need to get 20-25 stickers by the end of September. They earn stickers by: doing homework, taking time on classwork, participating, and being polite.
If you ever have any questions...please feel free to e-mail me.
ENGLISH: Go to the website below for practice.